How to get an accurte S-parameter time domain represintation for a choatic resonator ?

YounusMandalawiYounusMandalawi Member Posts: 2

Following my post on the old website. I would like to see a true representation of the time domain response and signal decay for a resonator in Interconnect as it is given in the FDTD solver. However, I have not been successful so far. The support team has suggested dividing the structure into parts. I attached also a pic of my results after splitting the structure into two and three. It is showing better results with the 2 parts, but the two port responses are identical which is not the case in the FDTD solver. I also attached the S-parameter setting that I used. At this point, I am not sure if the s-parameter ports is capable of representing a chaotic resonator in the time domain. I would appreciate any suggestions. Is there any other method to use a designed component in a circuit level design?

Tagged:

Answers

• kjohnsonkjohnson Posts: 204Ansys Employee

Hello @YounusMandalawi ,

Sorry for the late reply. I think it might be easier to start with comparing the time domain results from a simpler device, for example a straight waveguide or a normal MMI, before trying this with your design. This way you can be sure that the simulation methodology you're using is correct, which will narrow down the list of potential issues.

I would also suggest you check the digital filters used in INTERCONNECT with the ONA. You can do this by running the ONA with the "analysis type" set to "scattering analysis" (frequency domain simulation) and then with it set to "impulse response" (time domain simulation). If the digital filters are working correctly the result should be the same. If they're not, try increasing the sample rate of the INTERCONNECT simulation.

Please try my suggestions, and let me know if they help.