Ansys Insight: Data import and Export
Lumerical solvers support data import and export for a variety of source formats. Available formats are:
- Interoperability between Lumerical products - Lumerical data files. The “savedata” script command can be used export data into a Lumerical data file (.ldf). This is a convenient file format for transferring data between Lumerical simulation files and products. The “loaddata” script command can be used to import data from an .ldf. See the Interoperability between Lumerical Products and scripting tutorial for details.
- Text files. The “write” script command can be used export data to a text file. The “readdata” script command can be used to import data from a text file.
- MATLAB files. The “matlabsave” command can be used to save data to .mat files. The “matlabload” command can be used to load data from .mat files. The Matlab script integration feature is another powerful option for accessing MATLAB from the Lumerical scripting enviroment.
- Python variables. To pass data from Lumerical to a python API session you can assign values, or use the methods getv. To pass data from python use putv. For more info see the overview page.
- HDF5 files. The “h5info”, “h5read”, and “h5readattr” commands can be used to import data from HDF5 format files. For details on how to use these commands, see the Reading HDF5 files topic.
- Tecplot files. The “tecplotread” command can be used to import data from tecplot format files. The imported geometric data can then be used to create structures and doping profiles using the dataset builder wizard.
- GDSII files. See the GDSII topic for details.
- JSON files. See JSON topic for more info