Planar Silicon Solar Cell Example Not Converging with HEAT data

spacelover17spacelover17 Member Posts: 10

I'm trying to follow the planar silicon solar cell example. I'm able to follow it through and obtain the results shown at this page when I don't import the temperature profile during the electrical simulation and simply run CHARGE with an isothermal temperature distribution. However, when I tried running it with the temperature data I had obtained from HEAT (which ran fine and gave me the desired result), it would not work. I am unable to attach any of the relevant files, however. Any help would be appreciated!

Answers

• Mucteba13Mucteba13 Posts: 8Member
  • kghaffarikghaffari Posts: 48Ansys Employee

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out. When including the heat effects in your CHARGE simulation, what temperature dependence mode are you using (in the solver settings)? Please note that the coupled mode can not be used here since fluids (here air) can not be simulated in coupled CHARGE simulation. Here to include the thermals you can use the non-isothermal mode. I tested this mode as instructed in the article and the project seems to work.

Kind regards

In my simulation when I change to isothermal to non-isothermal and run then I always get the same error. Its only works in isothermal mode.

When I click the HEAT data its says ;

And Run the simulation as isothermal mode my heat visualize is ;

here the right side has exactly the same values.

• spacelover17spacelover17 Posts: 18Member

Yeah, for me it only worked in isothermal mode, not non-isothermal. I have attached screenshots showing that I get the correct HEAT results but that my CHARGE simulation does not converge:

In summary, both of us could never see the temperature effect in electrical simulation.

• spacelover17spacelover17 Posts: 18Member

@kghaffari or another employee, can you please help us further?

• kghaffarikghaffari Posts: 48Ansys Employee

Thanks for further explaining this. The attached results match what is expected and published in the article.

Like you mentioned the issue is the non-isothermal mode not working for you. This is unexpected; I tested the example on different versions of the software and the non-isothermal mode works for this project. I will follow up on this with you shortly.