Problem Connecting to Floating License

kgrutterkgrutter Member Posts: 1

I have a Floating Lumerical (Standard) license. It works fine on the license server computer, but when I try to connect to the floating license on another computer on the network, it does not work. I have tried putting both the server computer's name and IP address in the Server field in the license configuration utility, but the status still shows no licenses available.

When I click on "View your active licenses in the FlexNet Publisher dashboard", it says "<license server> refused to connect"

On both the license server computer and the client computer, I have installed FlexLM 1.15.2540 and Lumerical 2021 R1.4, and they are both Windows PCs.

Is there some setting I need to change on either computer to enable the connection to the floating license?

Best Answer

• LitoLito Posts: 109Ansys Employee
    edited May 21 Accepted Answer

@kgrutter

The error seems to indicate a network/access issue. Ensure that the other computer is on the same local network as your license server machine. Consult with your IT if the other computer can connect/access the license server machine.

After you configure the license on the other machine to obtain from your license server, open the product/solver CAD directly and send us the error message.

Best,

Lito

Answers

• LitoLito Posts: 109Ansys Employee

@kgrutter

Please send the error message when you try to open/run Lumerical on the other computer on your network.

Best,

Lito

• kgrutterkgrutter Posts: 2Member

I don't get an error message. Instead, any time I try to open the Lumerical launcher, I am taken to a window that says "Looks like you don't have a license yet." I click on "I have a license from Lumerical" and go through the license configuration, and then it asks me to restart the program. When I restart, it goes right back to the same window that says I don't have a license yet.