Ansys Insight: Adding Lumerical environment variables on Windows
Guidelines for adding environment variable or editing the PATH on Windows.
- Open the Start Search, type in “env”, and choose “Edit the system environment variables”:
- Click on “Environment Variables…”
- Set the environment variable as needed.
- New : Adds an environment variable
- Edit : Modifies the selected variable
- Delete : Deletes the selected variable
- Example: Edit your user PATH and 'Add' the Lumerical or Matlab install PATH. Lumerical 2021 R2 shown below.
C:\Program Files\Lumerical\v212\bin C:\Program Files\Lumerical\v212\api\matlab C:\Program Files\Lumerical\v212\api\python
- Adding the environment variable,
VariableName: ANSYSLMD_LICENSE_FILE VariableValue: 1055@license_server
- Save and dismiss all windows with 'OK'.
It is recommended to reboot the machine to Apply your settings.