2020R2 licence

This discussion was created from comments split from: Fluent Error - Abnormal Exit.

Comments

• LeonBrownLeonBrown Posts: 7Member

Hello! I do not know if this is the right place to post this, but i encountered the following error when starting fluent. During starting, i had selected double precision (i am not sure of what it does), and then i clicked start and it took a long time before anything appeared on my screen. Fluent opened, but could not start properly (my meshed geometry was not showing) and then it closed itself leaving an error message which is shown in the images attached. Please, how can i fix this as i need it open to complete my assignment? Thank you in advance of your response.

• RobRob UKPosts: 9,723Forum Coordinator

@LeonBrown have you altered the licence key? Student 2020R2 should be good until about August/September this year.

@Rob No, i have not altered any licence key. This is just my second time opening Fluent on my personal laptop.

I have just tried out the same software version on the computer in my office (tonight, but cannot sleep over at the office) and it opened (although it shows no VKI licence, i can still work on it), so what could be the problem with the software installed on my system. I could use DesignModeler and Meshing on it, but can't open the Setup.

• zzzzz146zzzzz146 Posts: 32Member

@LeonBrown I am not really good at advice but sometimes when I get licensing problem, I just reinstall it rather than wasting my time wondering how could the error be solved.

• RobRob UKPosts: 9,723Forum Coordinator

VKI is an older warning, and shouldn't effect anything you're doing. To confirm, you have Student on a laptop and the office machine, or you're using the campus licence? If it's the latter does the laptop connect into the Uni server?